The Project Engineer works in a delivery line of the project, and will supervise contractors' execution of engineering design, equipment and materials procurement, module fabrication, transportation and construction. The PE will manage design changes, ensure technical and commercial issues are resolved and the plant is in compliance with all and statutory requirements. The position holder will take a leadership role HSSE performance and ensuring highest standards in all behavioural and HSSE compliance matters. The PE will report to a project or construction manager, and may be expected to lead teams of internal or contractors engineers.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Assist in monitoring and driving project performance and progress, co-develop and shape the project execution strategy in define stage and deliver to plan on safety and quality.
- Support the preparation and implementation of effective project execution plans, procedures and SPcp governance deliverables (as appropriate to each project stage).
- Ensure collaborative development, agreement and progress monitoring of project master control schedule.
- Ensure preparation and timely delivery of key documentation appropriate to project process and key reviews (e.g. Inherently Safer Design (ISD), HAZID, PHSSER, Engineering Design Review (EDR) schedule and cost estimate reviews).
- Monitor and supervise day-to-day contractor activities and identify and implement corrective action as appropriate.
- Identify (through stakeholder mapping) and manage the interfaces between key stakeholders, including engineering contractors, local community, contractors, suppliers and regulatory bodies.
- Assist in the performance of all project assurance activities.
- Monitor and supervise the preparation, review and approval of engineering, fabrication and construction deliverables to ensure comments from key stakeholders are incorporated appropriately.
- Monitor and supervise the preparation, review and approval of procurement procedures, approved vendor lists, Purchase Requisitions and Invitations to Tender.
- Represent the company in tender clarification/evaluation, contractor/vendor selection and contract/purchase order negotiation and placement to ensure all activities are in accordance with 's Code of Conduct.
- Monitor and expedite equipment and materials fabrication, inspection, supply and delivery to the nominated fabrication subcontractor and their onshore construction site to ensure technical, quality, cost and schedule issues are properly resolved.
- Support design subcontractor activities to ensure constructability issues are proactively addressed and incorporated into the design and execution strategy.
- Ensure Contractors develop quality assurance/quality control strategies and Inspection and Test Plans are appropriate to the technology/equipment and ensure effective implementation to identify technical endorsement where necessary.
- Monitor and expedite project procurement and fabrication, inspection, supply and delivery to the nominated fabricator and\or installation services subcontractor, ensuring technical, quality, cost and schedule issues are properly resolved.
- Support the project Pre-Commissioning & Commissioning Team ensuring punch listing and pre-commissioning activities are carried out effectively and Handover documentation delivered as needed.
Any Other Information
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or the equivalent UK Degree.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- Advanced relevant work experience, preferable in the oil and gas industry.
Project engineering experience, supervising contractors' execution of engineering design, equipment and materials procurement, fabrication, transportation and/or in construction in the oil and gas industries.
- Experience and knowledge in the areas of reviewing vendor equipment data.
- The willingness and ability to travel.
- Strong planning, interpersonal, communication and influencing and organizational skills.
- High motivation and the ability to achieve goals and be a team player.
- The ability to define and prioritize issues and solve problems through networking with other team members or external sources.
- An Innovative eye for identifying opportunities to reduce costs and challenge the status quo.
- The ability to interface effectively with people of all levels, both internal and third parties, with wide ranging cultural backgrounds.
Desirable Criteria and Qualifications:
- Proven project experience or a combination of procurement, design and offshore experience.
- The ability to represent JP Kenny in a nominated subcontractors' design and subsea installation services offices.
- The ability to represent JP Kenny in project's nominated fabrication yard or site.
For further information/informal discussion
Please click the apply button, and upload your CV.
Applicants must have authorisation to work in the UK